Students will use the following design process:
- Define the problem.
- Imagine how they solve the problem
- Plan – by brainstorming (visual) and making a list
- Attempt the plan and record data.
- Reflect on the plan and try again.
Students will create different shapes from the available tools. They will be challenged to do 2D shapes and when successful they will then be challenged to make more difficult 2D shapes.
Students will then create 3D shapes. When successful they will be challenged to create 3D shapes that stand up on their own.
Students can create 2D shapes on mats using BeeBots.
Students, with support can use Blockly Turtle to create shapes.
Inspiration from the following website http://www.adayinfirstgrade.com/
- Sort, describe and name familiar two-dimensional shapes and three-dimensional objects in the environment ACMMG009.
- Follow, describe and represent a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve simple problems ACTDIP004